Thursday 20 August 2009

Japanese Dragon,Cobra Geisha and Jigsaw...

Last few days have been spent slaving over a combination of hot drawing board and overheating tattoo machines... ...last night had takeout Japanese food (life is hell) and worked on LATE in the studio.
So - stopping earlier tonight to meet my friend Ev (or Aussie Cookie as we know her - pictured above with the cherry blossom/sakura/peony tattoo I did for her) cos she wants to see Quiffy (my hubby - Paul Paterson - www.paulpaterson.com ) playing his geetar in 'Be Bop a Lula' so he got us comps for tonight.
Been neglecting my photo duties a bit too- yesterday I took a snap of the chrysanthemum tattoo above -it's part of a piece that stretches from left knee to right shoulder and incorporates some old tattoo work into the design as well.

This is the Japanese dragon thigh piece I started a couple of weeks back - today I tidied up the upper lines, added black background and some sumi grey shading work.



The beautiful and talented young lady pictured here is Kirsteen A.K.A. Boobie Trap Corsets. (http://www.boobietrapcorsets.com/) The first tattoo I did on Kirsteen was a geisha pinup on her calf - then she travelled up from Norwich a few times to get the green cobra geisha and skull roses you see in the pic.
We're now working on turning the cobra geisha arm into a full sleeve - so while she was up in Edinburgh today we did some planning and measuring - and I'm going to come up with something suitably bright yet Japanese influenced featuring flowers and fans - with possibly the odd skull thrown in for good measure!
Have ordered a jigsaw to start cutting out frames for some of my bigger paintings - ha - should be suitably dangerous!
Am also currently drawing up a large design with a chrysanthemum on a fan, a samurai sword and LOTS of cherry blossom. For a change. Gorgeous.
Anyway - gotta look a bit less 'work-like' for Pauls show - so Bye!!