Saturday 15 August 2009

Art Deco Geisha and Veiled Spanish Lady...

Last night was at a cocktail party 'meeting and greeting' the cast and crew of 'Be Bop a Lula' - it's a show from LA that's in Edinburgh for the Festival Fringe - and my lovely hubby is musical director (and playing live guitar) for the Festival version. Thankfully I'm not drinking these days - cos we both had to get up early today - Paul for rehearsals and me for 2 big tattoos...Today was a 'finishing tattoos' kind of a day - in the morning was Junior, with his technicolour art deco style geisha. He already had an existing tattoo on the outside of his upper arm -you can see the background clouds from this on the right hand side of the photo, so we put the geisha on the inside of his arm to create a half sleeve.
He's obviously happy with the results because now I'm going on to draw an equally stylised and brightly coloured phoenix for his forearm - which will end up as a full sleeve.
This afternoon I got to put the finishing touches to one of my favourite tattoos - Mays Spanish Lady. May originally asked me to design one of my 'signature' geishas for her right shoulder - but, since she's very Spanish I asked if she would mind if her lady was Spanish instead of Japanese. We both loved the resulting design - and once we do a proper photoshoot you'll be able to see just how much the tattoo lady resembles her beautiful owner!
I've got several such photoshoots planned for my new website - now all I need is 27 hours in the day to get the time to create the 'settings' and get them done!