Friday 2 July 2010

Geisha Rockabilly Pinup with Cherry Blossom

Spent most of today waiting in for workmen... ...but not to be deterred I drew up the design for some red cherry blossom which I'm starting on Monday - they'll eventually trail from mid back over shoulder and down her arm - but they're pretty detailed so outlines on shoulder blade should keep us occupied day 1!

Once I'm done writing this, I'm gonna get on with making tiny paper chrysanthemums and origami insects for a headdress to be worn by one of my backpiece customers for her photoshoot.

So why the 'rockabilly' geisha photo? - Because after tattooing lotus flower and cherry blossom) tomorrow I'm running home to get changed and go round to Elvis Shakespeare bookshop on Leith Walk here in Edinburgh - where my lovely husband Paul (Paul Paterson) is playing a live set of blues,surf and rockabilly for their 5th birthday party around 6pm... ...Rock'n'Roooollll!